1. Take a swim in Barton Springs Pool
2. Play outdoor mini golf at Peter Pan Mini Golf
3. Exploring murals and art pieces around Austin
- Graffiti Park at Castle Hill
- You’re My Butter Half Mural (East Austin)
- Peace Love Austin Mural (Google Fiber in Downtown)
- Greetings from Austin Postcard Mural (South Austin)
- I Love You So Much @ Jo’s Coffee (South Austin)
- Austin Howdy! Mural
- Love from Austin
- Til Death Do Us Park
- Hi, How are You?
4. Grab drinks on Rainey Street
6th Street & Rainey Street are two popular streets in Austin known for its nightlife. Both streets offer a variety of drinking options but if we had a preference, it would be Rainey Street for its smaller, more intimate venue options. We loved Lucille. They have an outdoor patio with lights and two hammocks!
5. Hiking up Pennybacker Bridge and Mount Bonnell
Okay, these two aren’t really hikes persay. Mount Bonnell is more of a stairway up to a viewpoint. It’s the same with Pennybacker Bridge except it’s more of a nature trail than a manmade stairway as with Mount Bonnell. Nevertheless, both provide you with stunning views! We suggest you go to Mount Bonnell for sunset views and then Pennybacker Bridge for long exposure night photography.
6. Kayaking on Lady Bird Lake
Participating in a water activity on the popular Lady Bird Lake is almost quintessential to Austin. You can canoe, kayak, or stand up paddle board on Lady Bird Lake. There are day time options or a sunset kayak to see the bat colony…which leads up to #7.
7. Watch the bat colony awaken from Congress Bat Bridge