Winter in Europe can be brutal with temperatures reaching as low as -7 degrees Celsius (23 degrees Fahrenheit). If you’re not familiar with dressing for such cold temperature, don’t fret! You’ve come to the right place. Having visited Europe during freezing cold temperatures a handful of times, I’ve learned how to be prepared for all sorts of winter weather: rain, snow, cold, or a combination of all three! Check our my list of essential packing gear for handling winter in Europe while looking good!
KEY THINGS TO CONSIDER:
Let’s start with with some key things to consider when packing for winter in Europe.
THE PACKING LIST:
- Waterproof: Rain and snow are very possible in the winter in Europe, so make sure your coat or jacket is waterproof unless you enjoying being soaked 🙂
- Down/Insulated: This filler is the key to keeping you warm in the coldest of weathers.
- Mid-Length: Find a coat or jacket that goes past your butt. Trust me on this. It mades the world of difference!
- Hood: Because you will never know when it will rain or snow.
- Gloves: I almost wouldn’t consider this optional because it makes a huge difference, especially if you’re taking a lot of photos.
- Scarves: This is optional, especially if you have a really good, warm thick coat. You may not need this as it would be too stuffy but bring your favorite pair just in case.